Skip to content
Baked Egg with Spinach and Tomatoes
- 1 Chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tsp Tomato paste
- 1 splash Balsamic vinegar
Oils & Vinegars
- Preheat oven to 180c or 350f
- Spray a frying pan over a medium heat with some spray oil, Add the onion and fry till golden.
- Add the garlic and tomatoes and cook till the tomatoes start to break down.
- Add the splash of balsamic vinegar, tomato paste and a little stock (just enough to make saucy)
- Bring to a boil and simmer, until it all thickens into a sauce.
- Stir in the spinach till wilted.
- Divide the tomato and spinach mixture between two ramekin.
- Make a well in the centre and crack in an egg into each ramekin
- Place the ramekin’s onto a baking tray and bake in the oven till egg is cooked to you liking. These took approx 30 mins for a soft yolk.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- Sprinkle some parmesan cheese for some extra Keto goodness.
- I served this with some bacon for some more protein.